William Afton is one of the main antagonists of the Five Nights at Freddy's series. He has also been known as the pink guy, the purple guy, and the murderer.
He is the confirmed killer of 11 children. His story is told through 8-bit-styled minigames in Five Nights at Freddy's 2, Five Nights at Freddy's 3, a cameo in Five Nights at Freddy's 4 as well as hints through Five Night's at Freddy's: Sister Location .
Five Nights at Freddy's 2Edit
The Purple Guy is a mysterious purple figure in the Five Nights series. First, he is the confirmed killer of 11 children. In the Foxy minigame in the second game, he killed 5 children. In the TAKE CAKE minigame, he killed a Child outside of the restaurant, FredBear's Family Diner.
In the second game, he is implied to have been the nightguard before Jeremy Fitzgerald. He went to murder 5 more kids and messed up the 'Toy' Animatronics facial recognition software, which made them hostile to the employees of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3 Edit
He returns in the third game, dismantling the classic animatronics one by one when they cannot enter the saferoom he is hiding in. However this unleashes the spirits of his victims who chase him in the Saferoom, and William puts on the Spring Bonnie suit, thinking that this will protect him. The locks come loose and kill him, turning him into Springtrap.
Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Edit
William appears in a cameo in the fourth game, putting someone in the Spring Bonnie costume in the back room.
Sister Location Edit
He returns in the Fifth game, but under the name William Afton. In the opening scene of Sister Location an entrepreneur is asking him questions about the new animatronics. They inquire why certain features were added and express their concerns, but he avoids answering the specific features they refer to.
He is also the creator of the animatronics and the former owner of the Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental and, by extension, Circus Baby's Pizza World.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator Edit
See main article: Salvaged Springtrap
- William Afton's true physical appearance has never been revealed.
- In FNaF: The Silver Eyes, He is described as a thin man whose clothes seem big on him; he was once fat, but later lost weight as the years passed. He has scars on both sides of his neck and on his back. It is unknown how he got these scars, although they could possibly be from the springlock suit he wore.
- Given the family resemblance between him and his son, William should look similar to him in many respects.
- In the opening cut scene of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator, a man is depicted who could be William as he is wearing a blue-purple suit, has a cleft chin, like the one in Springtrap, and has a faked smile.
- For the longest time Michael Afton was thought to be the same entity as William Afton, but it was figured out in the final cutscene in V. Hard Golden Freddy mode (Custom Night) that he was not.
- William seems to have a British accent, with his Daughter and Son having one too.
- William seems to have (at least) 3 children, his son Michael (foxy masked bully), Elizabeth and younger son (FNaF 4 Crying Child).
- Although some believe that the Foxy masked bullyto be separate from Michael, making a total of 4 children.
- William first appears in the Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Minigames, the Foxy Go! Go! Go! Minigame , the Take Cake to the Children Minigame. In the SAVE THEM minigame he looks very different, being a darker purple and thinner.
- His appearance in FNaF3 seems to be a mixture of his first two sprites.
- His FNaF 4 cameo seems closer to the SAVE THEM sprite.