|Animatronic Species||Animatronic Rabbit|
|Debut||Five Nights at Freddy's 3|
Springtrap (also known as Spring Bonnie by the Phone Guy) is the only real animatronic featured in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Springtrap acts as the primary antagonist and plays an important part in the hidden story of Five Nights at Freddy's.
Springtrap is a withered, decayed Spring Bonnie suit, in which William Afton is trapped.
Spring Bonnie was an animatronic functioning with "spring-locks", created alongside Fredbear, and one of the first animatronics created and used at a location in the FNAF story line
Spring Bonnie made his first debut in "Fredbear's Family Diner", the original location which lead to the creation of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
He also made an appearance in the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 minigame restaurant, known as "Fredbear and Friends". Some even say he was a part of one of the first Freddy Fazbear's Pizza locations.
He was eventually replaced with "Bonnie", a dark blue counterpart with a slight redesign. while Fredbear/Golden Freddy was replaced by Freddy Fazbear. It may be possible that he was referred to as "Bonnie" in his original locations, but was deemed "Spring Bonnie" as to not to be confused. It is theorized that Spring Bonnie and Fredbear were decommissioned from an incident called "The Bite", shown in the FNaF 4 minigames.
William Afton met his death in a Spring Bonnie suit, after an attempt to hide in the suit from the dead souls of the murdered children in which lead to his death due to the springlocks. His soul possessed the suit, his body rotted inside the suit for many years until his appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 as "Springtrap".
The game has considered Springtrap to be a mixture of Golden Freddy and Bonnie. This is true, as Springtrap often hides around in different places such as the walls or barely peeking above the camera similar to Golden Freddy and Bonnie, this is also like Springtrap, as Springtrap stares into most of the cameras and also is usually very aggressive as Bonnie was during the first game. Springtrap seems to have the color of Golden Freddy while Bonnie's body has been taken as the model for Springtrap.
Springtrap's function is to be the only real animatronic to kill you, causing a Game Over. Also, he is there to make the map important, as without him, the map is used as the Phantoms usually just appearing on one spot.
Role in Sister Location Edit
Springtrap will appear in the Golden Freddy Mode cutscene. After Michael says his speech, Springtrap walks in for a second before the screen goes black. (It was thought after this cutscene was released, that this confirmed Miketrap, but after Matpat's mega theory, Scott himself has confirmed that the corpse in Springtrap is actually William Afton.
Role in Pizzeria Simulator Edit
Springtrap, or as he's credited in the game, William Afton, is an antagonist and one of four salvageable animatronics in Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator. The player may choose to throw this animatronic away or try to salvage him for parts. Salvaging this animatronic will net the player a base profit of $1000.
His appearance has changed since his time in Fazbear's Fright: The Horror Attraction. His face is completely different. He now has more torn patches in his suit and has lost his left arm up to the elbow, half his left ear, and the rest of his right ear. Inside the suit, William Afton's body, now mostly skeletal can be seen with part of his brain visible through the skull as well as five bony fingers as his right hand. The animatronic's eyes have further sunken into his skull, presumably replacing the human eye entirely at this point. Fleshy veins and muscle can be seem dangling out of various limbs and inside the torso of the animatronic.
As an almost unnoticeable continuity error, the animatronic feet now have fabric over them in FFPS as opposed to bare metal in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. The new feet have three large, round toes each.
Springtrap's earliest lore bits in FFPS are related to secret minigames. The first is in Fruity Maze's third phase in which he looms behind a girl.
While not directly appearing, footprints that are very similar to Springtrap's can be found behind the house in Midnight Motorist's secret minigame, presumably having lured away the child of the abusive father in the game.
Next, Springtrap was revealed to have survived the fire at the end of Five Nights at Freddy's 3 during the extra scene at the end of Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location.
During the Completion Ending, he burns with the rest of the haunted animatronics. During the ending monologue, Cassette Man refers to him as an old friend, hinting that Cassette Man is Henry from the books. Cassette Man tells him that the darkest pit of hell has opened for him and to not keep the devil waiting.
Also in this game,Springtrap (unlike FNaF 3) speaks and some of the lines he says like, " You may not recognise me at first, but assure you, it's still me," hinting that you are playing as Michael Afton.
In the Night 5 mini-game in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 it is revealed that "Spring Bonnie" was used by the Purple guy (aka William Afton) to escape the spirits of the 5 murdered children. The lock mechanism falters as the "purple man" laughs in the suit, as well as the fact that there was rain dropping down through the roof, due to the fact that the spring locks will break from moisture, thus killing him slowly as his body slumps to the floor.
- A message hidden in a pre-release post (the double-lettered words spell it out) revealed the animatronic's name as Springtrap.
- Out of all the animatronics in the entire Five Nights at Freddy's series, Springtrap appears to be the only one to not have a "starting point" as to which camera he can be initially viewed in during the beginning of each night he appears in before he starts moving.
- It was confirmed by Scott that it was William Afton that was scared into putting on the Spring Bonnie suit, which caused him to get killed and trapped by the springlocks, creating Springtrap.
- According to a hidden minigame that is found by tapping the Bonnie plush, Springtrap may have come from Fredbear's Family Diner, along with Fredbear.
- Springtrap has five fingers on each hand, as opposed to the cartoonish four-fingered hands of the other animatronics. This is most likely because Springtrap's costume was (poorly) designed to fit a human inside.
- The shot of Springtrap writhing about in the trailer could be William being crushed within the suit.
- William's decayed mouth can be seen whenever Springtrap opens his mouth, foreshadowing a corpse being in the suit.
- In one of the nights of "Five Nights at Freddy's 3", one of the tapes pertaining to Springtrap Bonnie, the Phone Guy states that "...the spring-Bonnie suit has been noticeably moved...", hence, giving the suit its "real" name of Spring-Bonnie.
- A rare event can happen when starting a night, where 1 of 3 pictures can be seen. The first photo is of springtrap with his mouth open a bit. The second one is of him now pushing the upper jaw up to reveal William Afton's dead corpse inside. The third one is of William Afton, now pulling open the upper and lower jaw in an attempt to try and pull himself out. After one of the photos are shown, the night will start as normal.