|Animatronic Species||Animatronic Rabbit|
|Debut||Five Nights at Freddy's 3|
Springtrap (also known as Spring Bonnie by the Phone Guy) is the only real animatronic featured in Five Nights at Freddy's 3. Springtrap acts as the primary antagonist and plays an important part in the hidden story of Five Nights at Freddy's.
Springtrap is a withered, decayed Spring Bonnie suit, in which Michael Afton is trapped.
Spring Bonnie was an animatronic functioning with "spring-locks", created alongside Fredbear, and one of the first animatronics created in the Fazbear and Fredbear collective franchise.
Spring Bonnie made his first debut in "Fredbear's Family Diner", the original location which lead to the creation of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
He also made an appearance in the Five Nights at Freddy's 4 minigame restaurant, known as "Fredbear and Friends". Some even say he was a part of one of the first Freddy Fazbear's Pizza locations.
He was eventually replaced with "Bonnie", a dark blue counterpart with a slight redesign. It may be possible that he was referred to as "Bonnie" in his original locations, but was deemed "Spring Bonnie" as to not to be confused. It is theorized that Spring Bonnie and Fredbear were decommissioned from an incident called "The Bite", shown in the FNaF 4 minigames.
Michael Afton met his death in a Spring Bonnie suit, after an attempt to hide in the suit from the dead souls of the murdered children in which lead to his death due to the springlocks. His soul possessed the suit, his body rotted inside the suit for many years until his appearance in Five Nights at Freddy's 3 as "Springtrap".
The game has considered Springtrap to be a mixture of Golden Freddy and Bonnie. This is true, as Springtrap often hides around in different places such as the walls or barely peeking above the camera similar to Golden Freddy and Bonnie, this is also like Springtrap, as Springtrap stares into most of the cameras and also is usually very aggressive as Bonnie was during the first game. Springtrap seems to have the color of Golden Freddy while Bonnie's body has been taken as the model for Springtrap.
Springtrap's function is to be the only real animatronic to kill you, causing a Game Over. Also, he is there to make the map important, as without him, the map is used as the Phantoms usually just appearing on one spot.
Role in Sister Location Edit
Springtrap will appear in the Golden Freddy Mode cutscene. After Michael says his speech, Springtrap walks in for a second before the screen goes black.
escape the spirits of the 5 murdered children. The lock mechanism falters as the "purple man" laughs in the suit, as well as the fact that there was rain dropping down through the roof, due to the fact that the spring locks will break from moisture, thus killing him slowly as his body slumps to the floor.
- A message hidden in a pre-release post (the double-lettered words spell it out) revealed the animatronic's name as Springtrap.
- Out of all the animatronics in the entire Five Nights at Freddy's series, Springtrap appears to be the only one to not have a "starting point" as to which camera he can be initially viewed in during the beginning of each night he appears in before he starts moving.
- According to the final minigame, Michael was mistaken for his father and attempted to hide in Springtrap to avoid the ghosts of the children his father (William) killed, but was gutted by the wires and beams within Springtrap. Michael may very well have possessed Springtrap and lived on as him.
- According to a hidden minigame that is found by tapping the Bonnie plush, Springtrap may have come from Fredbear's Family Diner, along with Fredbear.
- Springtrap has five fingers on each hand, as opposed to the cartoonish four-fingered hands of the other animatronics. This is most likely because Springtrap's costume was (poorly) designed to fit a human inside.
- The shot of Springtrap writhing about in the trailer could be Michael being crushed within the suit.
- Michael's decayed mouth can be seen whenever Springtrap opens his mouth, foreshadowing a corpse being in the suit.
- In one of the nights of "Five Nights at Freddy's 3", one of the tapes pertaining to Springtrap Bonnie, the Phone Guy states that "...the spring-Bonnie suit has been noticeably moved...", hence, giving the suit its "real" name of Spring-Bonnie.
- A rare event can happen when starting a night, where 1 of 3 pictures can be seen. The first photo is of springtrap with his mouth open a bit. The second one is of him now pushing the upper jaw up to reveal Michael Afton's dead corpse inside. The third one is of Michael Afton, now pulling open the upper and lower jaw in an attempt to try and pull himself out. After one of the photos are shown, the night will start as normal.