Shadow Freddy is a secret antagonist in Five Night's At Freddy's 2, and has ambiguous roles within other games following it.
Role in the game
Five Nights at Freddy's 2
In Five Nights At Freddy's 2, the player may rarely encounter what seems to be a shadow or a dark model of Golden Freddy. It appears in Parts/Service, sitting in the location Bonnie normally sits. He will shut the game off if the player observes him for too long (without a jumpscare), much similar to Golden Freddy's role in the first game or Nightmare's effect in the fourth.
It appears to be in a slumped position, similar to that of Golden Freddy's. It also uses Golden Freddy's model. Brightening up this image reveals that this hallucination is purple in color as with several other key items/characters in the franchise, bearing comparisons to the purple figure from the secret mini-games, the Marionette's "tears," Nightmare Fredbear's hat and bowtie among other things.
Five Nights at Freddy's 3
Within the in-between night mini-games, Shadow Freddy is seen, and utters the phrase "follow me," to lure the animatronics to a secluded spot, so that William Afton may ambush and dismantle them. While the Freddy suit is recognised as purple due to its association with the purple figure, its purple coloration and the darker colour of its hat and bowtie lends credit to the theory this particular animatronic is indeed Shadow Freddy. He can also be seen as an apparition.
Five Night at Freddy's 6: Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator
In the beginning minigame, Shadow Freddy first appears in the fourth level and began duplicating, causing the game to glitch, until a wall of shadow variants block the child off completely. As soon it happens, the entire minigame cuts to black, later revealing Scrap Baby's salvage scene.
“I will eat your soul”-Shadow Freddy's loading screen quote
Shadow Freddy appears in FNaF world as a protagonist, he has a chance to appear in the Deep-Metal Mine and if he is defeated then he will join your party and become a playable character.
Shadow Freddy has the following attacks,
|Has a chance to ista-kill 1 opponent.|
|Has a chance to insta-kill multiple opponents but has a lower chance than Unscrew.|
|Will insta-kill all opponents under 30% of their normal health.|
- Fans have made theories that Shadow Freddy is actually Golden Freddy
- Shadow Freddy is also theorized to be the apparition of one of the employees whom wore the original Freddy suit, which malfunctioned and fatally wounded the employee. Thus the suit itself was put in storage.
- Shadow Freddy bears comparisons to Nightmare in overall appearance and behavior, suggesting they may be one in the same.
- Unlike popular beliefs, he doesn't crash the game like Shadow Bonnie in the second game, or Golden Freddy in the first game.
- Shadow Freddy could possibly be the crying child from FNAF 4.
- The Freddy Files indicate Shadow Freddy lured the animatronics to the Safe Room to help them kill their killer.
- Before the Freddy Files came out people including MatPat believed that Shadow Freddy was controlled by Purple Guy.
Nightmare is a similar version of Fredbear in FNAF4. He is a black animatronic. He has ears and what appears to be a yellow hat. He also has a yellow bowtie. He only moves on the final night (night 7) and arrives at 4:00 and moves from left hall, right hall, the closet and the bed.He is the final Main Antagonist of FNAF 4.
He is clearly based on Nightmare Fredbear, being some sort of black, translucent, demonic version of the already demonic looking Fredbear. Unlike Fredbear, his skin is translucent, exposing all of his animatronic parts including the endoskeleton. Upon closer examination, a black mass resides in Nightmare's head, theorized to represent the Child's bitten off frontal lobe. But the same looking head appears as Mangle's second head so it is unknown what Nightmare's human-like head is.
Nightmare will only be seen in Nightmare Mode and 20/20/20/20 mode from 4 AM on. While Nightmare is active, no other animatronics will be active. He will show up at either hall and failing to close the door will either give a game over or him sneaking into your room. Once Nightmare is in your room, his head will be seen on the bed or in the closet. And when Nightmare catches you his jumpscare will be a still Picture of Nightmare while a garbled "scream" at the player.
"This is why you wake up."-Nightmare’s loading screen quote
Nightmare appears as a protagonist of the kid-friendly game FNaF world, just like in FNaF 4 he is just a recolored version of Nightmare Fredbear, he can be found and fought in the Pinwheel Funhouse, if he is defeated then he will join your party and become a playable character
Nightmare has the following attacks,
|Does higher damage than Toxic Bite and inflicts poison on a random opponent.|
|Decreases all opponents defense and also inflicts some damage aswell.|
|Deals higher damage than Bite 2 or Bite.|
The only cheats that have Nightmare involved are the "All Nightmare" and "House Map" cheats. The All Nightmare mode is, quite obvious. On the house map, Nightmare will show up as an Orange Square.
Five Nights at Freddy’s 4
Ultimate Custom Night
The Twisted Ones
- He is similar to Shadow Freddy and Nightmare Fredbear in several ways.
- His current role in the story is unknown.
- Nightmare is the only one animatronic who doesn't have a jumpscare in the Extras Menu.
- Nightmare is the only animatronic in the fourth game who doesn't have an animated jumpscare similar to Golden Freddy from the first game.
- Upon close inspection, Nightmare has transparent parts in is body, this could imply that he is a ghost.
- An opinion gives that his black appearance makes him a spirit.
- This implies he is the Child Bitten by Fredbear
- Nightmare might be the embodiment of death or murder, if this is true than the Fredbear-like form he has might just be just an illusion and his true form is icomprehesible.