The Purple Guy is the secondary antagonist in Five Nights at Freddy's 2.
He is the confirmed killer of 11 children. His story is told through Atari-styled minigames in Five Nights at Freddy's 2 and 3. His real name is William Afton (being proved in the novel)
The Purple Guy is a mysterious figure in the Five Nights series. However, players have found many dark and twisted facts about the Purple Guy. First, he is the confirmed killer of 11 children. In the Foxy minigame in the second game, he killed 5 children. In the TAKE CAKE minigame, he killed a Child outside of the restaurant, FredBear's Family Diner.
Finally, he lured 5 children into the backroom using cake and a yellow suit. He stuffed them in Freddy, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and Golden Freddy suits. In the second game, he had messed up the 'Toy' Animatronics facial recognition software, which made them hostile to the employees of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza.
He returns in the Fifth game, but under the name William Afton. In the opening scene of Sister Location an entrepreneur is asking him questions about the new animatronics. They inquire why certain features were added and express their concerns, but he avoids answering the specific features they refer to.
He is also the creator of the animatronics and the former owner of the Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental and, by extension, Circus Baby's Pizza World.
- William Afton's true physical appearance has never been revealed.
- In FNaF: The Silver Eyes, He is described as a thin man whose clothes seem big on him; he was once fat, but later lost weight as the years passed. He has scars on both sides of his neck and on his back. It is unknown how he got these scars, although they could possibly be from the springlock suit he wore.
- For the longest time Michael Afton was thought to be the same entity as William Afton, but it was figured out in the final cutscene in V. Hard Golden Freddy mode (Custom Night) that he was not.
- William seems to have a British accent, with his Daughter and Son having one too.
- In the Silver Eyes, William and Michael's roles are switched.
- William seems to have (at least) 4 children, his son Michael, a daughter (Pigtails Girl), younger son (FNaF 4 Crying Child), and an older son (Foxy masked bully).
- Although some believe that the Foxy masked bully is in fact Michael, making a total of 3 children.
- William only appears in the Five Nights at Freddy's 2 Minigames, the Foxy Go! Go! Go! Minigame and the Take Cake to the Children Minigame.