Fritz Smith is the secondary protagonist of Five Nights at Freddy's 2. He is playable in the Custom Night. He is the replacement of Jeremy Fitzgerald, and alters the Animatronics AI. At the end of his night, he is fired by management due to tampering with the animatronics, and odor.
- Fritz is fired for most of the same reasons as Mike Schmidt, aside from "general unprofessionalism", implying Fritz was less panicky then Mike.
- Fritz Smith is theorised to be Phone Guy, due to saying that he will take the night shift after Jeremy.
- Fritz Smith is also theorised to be Michael Afton, due to the accusation of odour.
- In the Lorekeeper ending of Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Simulator includes the name Fritz. This has led people to theorise that the grave belong to the Missing Children and Fritz Smith is an alias taken on by Michael or Henry as a reference to the child.
- It is possible to be the same person as William Afton and Fritz Smith
- Because William Can Tamper With The Animatronics